We’re in the middle of the summer, the most chill time of year for most people, except for my new nursing grad friends preparing to take the NCLEX. Here are some tips for y’all that will keep you from making the same mistakes I made:
1. The NCLEX is not trying to trick you. It’s just trying to make sure you are safe and think with logic.
2. There is a heavy emphasis on knowing and using the nursing process, ABC, and infection prevention (Isolation!). 3. Know normal vitals and labs. Know basic symptoms of electrolyte and glucose imbalances. You’ll get quite a few questions stemming from these.
4. Don’t kill yourself over pharmacology.
5. Especially for guys, don’t skip OB/GYN. It will come back to get you one way or another.
6. Nobody cares if you pass it in 75.
If you made it through this post and have any more tips, drop a comment to help out your peers! ✌️
Casual gorgeous landscape view of the Cascades, thanks to @travel_murse. If you’re planning a travel nurse assignment in the #Pnw, now is a great time to be here!! .
Ps we’re looking for ER, OR and PACU nurses for several needs in WA and OR!
Sometimes it’s necessary to remind yourself, even though you’re not done yet, you’re doing just fine. Recognize your accomplishments. Control the controllable.
9 96an hour ago
“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”
– Winnie the Pooh
Desk cleaned out. After 5 1/2 years, time to walk away as an employee for the last time. On to new beginnings. From 💻 to 👨🏼⚕️.
Bain, you will always have a special place in my heart. ❤️
No Bad Days w/ 31 Flavs! 🍦😁
There’s no denying that ice cream is not a health food (fat & sugars it contains) BUT “real” ice cream can:
S̲t̲i̲m̲u̲l̲a̲t̲e̲ ̲t̲h̲e̲ ̲B̲r̲a̲i̲n̲
- Enhances mood, helps the body relax and reduces stress by stimulating the “Happy Hormones (ie: thrombotonin)”
- Effects the “orbitofrontal cortex” of the Brain that contains the secondary taste cortex, in which the reward value of taste is represented :)
- It helps prevent symptoms of INSOMNIA from its milk based content.
- Carbs, fats, protein broken down in your body to help give you energy you need.
- Careful on how much energy you want because it can help you gain weight.
G̲o̲o̲d̲ s̲o̲u̲r̲c̲e̲ ̲o̲f̲ ̲V̲i̲t̲a̲m̲i̲n̲s̲
- Vitamins A, B, C, D, and E in each ice cream scoop.
So̲u̲r̲c̲e̲ ̲o̲f̲ ̲M̲i̲n̲e̲r̲a̲l̲s̲
- Rich in Calcium & Phosphorus which promotes STRONG BONES